Pages

Soul Food

Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.--Romans 5:1-2

Thursday, May 15, 2014

A New Purpose--Introduction

Hi! Welcome and thank you for reading. The purpose of this blog is to document a redemption story and a missionary journey. I am an American mother of two small children (and a puppy) and my goal is to be a missionary in Chiapas, Mexico, where I currently live. I want to reach people through an English as a Foreign Language ministry. This is a long-term goal because God has been showing me that I need to square away a few loose ends before I can dedicate myself to ministry. The plan is:

1. Work to save money to get my childrens' US citizenship papers. Goal: by August 2014

2. Resolve my tax issues and pay all debts. Goal: by March 2015

3. Establish habits of Bible reading and prayer before starting a ministry. Goal: Now to March 2015

4. Seek God's guidance in starting a ministry. Goal: Spring 2015

Getting to the point where I am willing to wait for an entire year has been a huge journey for me. I am someone who likes to get started as soon as the idea occurs to me. However, I can already see that God has different plans for me. I have:


  • Enthusiasm
  • Energy
  • Good intentions


but I need:


  • Long-term vision
  • Patience
  • Perseverance


I don't plan to blog on a regular or frequent basis as I simplify my life to make these dreams come true, but I do want to write things down publicly just for accountability. So if you are reading this--thank you :)  Peace in Christ

--"Makena"


0 comments:

Post a Comment